Happy 4th of July!! Have a safe and fun day celebrating our freedom!
Red, White, and Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened, but not quite room temperature
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened slightly
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
6 ounces raspberries
6 ounces fresh blueberries---I used blackberries
lemon glaze (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray, and place on a cookie sheet.
2. In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and cream cheese. Pour in sugar and mix until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well until each is incorporated.
3. While ingredients are mixing, whisk together four, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
4. Fold berries into batter.
5. Distribute batter evenly into pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes. Let cool completely. Drizzle with lemon glaze.
2 cups powdered sugar
juice of 1 lemon
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Add more juice or cream as necessary to achieve desired consistency.