This is the only picture that I could get of him, actually making the brownies, although he did make them himself. First you mix the PB mixture, with cream cheese, PB, sugar and a couple of other ingredients, set them aside. Mix the brownie mixture, layer them in the baking dish, swirl with a knife and bake.
Here is the finished product. Delicious, if I do say so myself. We tried one warm, but I have to say that we liked them better once they were completely cooled to room temperature. If you like a gooey brownie, this is one to try!
PB Marbled Brownies:
6 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Peanut butter
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (We used 1/2 cup mini chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, egg, and milk until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Mix in the remaining eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; mix into the batter. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Remove 1 cup of the batter. Spread the remaining batter into the prepared pan. Spread the peanut butter filling over the top. Drop the reserved chocolate better by teaspoonful over the filling. Using a knife, gently swirl throught the top layers for a marbled effect.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out almost clean. Cool completely, then cut into bars.